From the beginning, the goal has been to cultivate direct relationships between Gaians, cultivating local community building, and inviting others into this community. While Gaianism.org started, and continues to have a significant virtual presence, the hope is over time that Gaians create their own local groups (or guilds), to support each other, to deepen connection to the Earth, and to play a restorative ecological role in their area (as this reflection details). Two are starting to take root so far, one in New Orleans, and one in Middletown, Connecticut.
New Orleans, Louisiana
If you live in the New Orleans area, sign up for this newsletter to get weekly updates. The New Orleans (or Crescent City) Gaian Guild currently meets on Zoom at 11:11am on Saturday mornings.
In Middletown, there are now weekly forest meditations. The calendar is below. If interested, please email email@example.com for more details and to be added to the email list. Note: only thunderstorms and snow will cancel these mediations. Rain will not (bring proper clothing and if a cushion if you need one).
- 10/25: Corpse Meditation at Indian Hill Cemetery, 3pm (on top of Indian Hill)
- 11/1: Body Scan Meditation at Highlawn (meet in the parking lot), 3:30pm
- 11/8: Becoming a Tree Meditation at Wadsworth Falls, 2pm
- 11/15: Gratitude Meditation at Wadsworth Falls, 2pm
- 11/22: Walking meditation at Middletown Nature Gardens, 1:30pm
- 11/29: Every fifth Sunday of the month, we give back to the wild areas we meditate in. Join us for a meditatively-paced Trash-Pickup at Wadsworth Falls. We’ll have our Tea Time before our hands get dirty and then walk part of Wadsworth with bags in hand, plogging-style. 1:30pm
- 12/6: Sit Spot, at Wadsworth Fall, 1:30pm
- 12/13: Ten Twig Meditation at Wadsworth Falls, 1pm
- 12/20: Gaian Solar Meditation for winter solstice, 1pm
- 12/27: Walking Meditation in Deep Time Garden at the Unitarian Universalist Church in Meriden, 1pm