From the beginning, the goal has been to cultivate direct relationships between Gaians, cultivating local community building, and inviting others into this community. While Gaianism.org started, and continues to have a significant virtual presence, the hope is over time that Gaians create their own local groups (or guilds), to support each other, to deepen connection to the Earth, and to play a restorative ecological role in their area (as this reflection details). Two are starting to take root so far, one in New Orleans, and one in Middletown, Connecticut.
New Orleans, Louisiana
The Crescent City Gaian Guild meets every Saturday to celebrate Gaia and support one another in our efforts to blaze a Gaian path. We are alternating between meeting online (via Zoom) and in-person (outdoors, at a distance) so please sign up for weekly email notices or contact Bart Everson for more information. All welcome, even the idly curious.
In Middletown, there are now weekly forest meditations. The calendar is below. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to be added to the email list. Note: only thunderstorms and bad driving conditions will cancel these mediations. Rain and even light snow will not (bring proper clothing and a cushion if you need one).
- 12/27: Digesting Meditation. There was a lot of suffering this year. And currently one COVID death every 7 seconds. So we’ll try to digest some of that pain and send out healing energy into the world this Sunday. Wadsworth Falls, 2pm.
- 1/3: Babylonian Breath Meditation. At Wadsworth Falls, 2pm
- 1/10: Body Scan Meditation, Wadsworth Falls, 2pm
- 1/17: Forgiveness Meditation. Wadsworth Mansion, 2pm
- 1/24: Walking Meditation at McCutcheon Park, 2pm
- 1/31: 5th Sunday of the Month: we’ll do a meditative cleanup walk at the Middletown Nature Gardens, 2pm
- 2/7: More than half way through the winter! Time for a Gratitude Meditation. Wadsworth Falls, 2:30pm
- 2/14: Centering Meditation: Highlawn, 2:30pm
- 2/21: Follow Your Breath Meditation: Wadsworth Falls, 2:30pm
- 2/28: Walking Meditation in Deep Time Garden at the Unitarian Universalist Church in Meriden, 2:30pm
- 3/7: Tree Meditation, McCutcheon Park, 2:30pm
- 3/14: Corpse Meditation to say goodbye to the long winter. Indian Hill Cemetery, 2:30pm.
- You’re invited to join me for the Spring Germination Fast.
- 3/21: Gaian Solar Meditation for Spring Equinox (3/20). Wadsworth Falls at 3pm
- 3/28: Fox Walking Meditation at McCutcheon Park, 3pm.
- 4/4: Sit Spot. Wadsworth Falls, 3pm.
- 4/11: Ten Twig Meditation. Wadsworth Falls at 3pm.