From the beginning, the goal has been to cultivate direct relationships between Gaians, cultivating local community building, and inviting others into this community. While Gaianism.org started as primarily virtual (and continues to have a significant online presence) the hope is that over time Gaians create their own local groups (or guilds), to support each other, to deepen connection to the Earth, and to play a restorative ecological role in their area (as this reflection details). Three have taken root so far, one in Honolulu, one in New Orleans, and one in Middletown, Connecticut.
The Gaian Guild of Hawai’i Nei meets on the first Saturday of each month for meditation, discussion, and connection. We meet outdoors at different locations, with a Zoom-in option. To connect with the guild, contact Krista Hiser.
New Orleans, Louisiana
The Crescent City Gaian Guild meets every Saturday to celebrate Gaia and support one another in our efforts to blaze a Gaian path. We are alternating between meeting online (via Zoom) and in-person (outdoors, at a distance) so please sign up for weekly email notices, or join their Meetup Group, or contact Bart Everson for more information. All welcome, even the idly curious.
The Middletown Gaian Guild hosts weekly forest meditations on Sunday afternoons. The calendar is below. If interested, please email email@example.com for more details and to be added to the email list. Note: only thunderstorms and bad driving conditions will cancel these mediations. Rain and even light snow will not (bring proper clothing and a cushion if you need one).
- 4/11: Sit Spot. Wadsworth Falls, 3pm.
- 4/18: Ten Twig Meditation. Wadsworth Falls at 3:30pm.
- 4/25: Fox Walking Meditation at McCutcheon Park, 3:30pm.
- 5/2: Babylonian Breath Meditation, Wadsworth Falls, 3:30pm.
- 5/9: Follow Your Breath Meditation: Wadsworth Falls, 3:30pm.
- 5/13: #DoNothingForTheClimateDay. Find times to meditate and let your mind do nothing today!
- 5/16: Tree Meditation, Wadsworth Mansion, 4pm.
- 5/20: Centering Meditation: Wadsworth Falls, 4pm.
- 5/30: Meditative Trash Pick Up, 4pm.
- 6/6: Gratitude Meditation, Wadsworth Falls, 4pm.
- 6/13: Follow Your Breath Meditation: Wadsworth Falls, 4:30pm.
- 6/20: Gaian Solar Meditation for Summer Solstice (6/20). Wadsworth Falls at 4:30pm.
- 6/27: Corpse Meditation, as the days are now getting shorter, it’s a good time to reflect on the end of everything. 4:30pm.